Rehabilitation is only part of a broad program of basic reorientation. CCS also considers the spiritual, mental and physical restoration of the individual.
Our CCS Rehabilitation Centre is a multidisciplinary centre offering a variety of services and treatments designed to get you back to your pre-injury self. We have body and mind specialists, and equipment and facilities for compassionate care that restores recovery of the individual.We have a home environment with wholesome foods, consultations and individualized programs such as massage therapy, personal training and stress management. We offer Career Direction and Christian Vocational Retraining with over 600 programs and job placements. We customize a program for each individual.
We have on-hand the following available to serve you:
- RMT (registered massage therapists)
- Certified Caregivers/Personal Support Workers
- Registered Chiropractors
- Certified Personal Trainers
- Registered Nurses and Practical Nurses
- Acupuncturist, Spa, Sauna, and Swim pool
- Whole Body Vibration
- Career Assessments and Vocational and Workplace Training
- Behaviour Management Specialists
- Faith based Christian Programs; Celebrate Recovery Programs for habits, hang-ups and hurts
Our Certified Caregivers/Personal Support Workers follow the 5Cs of Service: Care, Compassion, Competency, Co-operation and Commitment. The nurses, CPSWs and Live-in Caregivers that we work with are all trained in a 1000 hour certification program. We value and honour our seniors by providing in home caregiver services that preserve dignity and protect independence.
Our services include companionship services, home help services like ironing and garbage service, assistance with daily living including eating and grooming, shopping, laundry, errands and more! In addition to helping seniors in their homes, our caregivers can also assist clients living in nursing homes and other care facilities.
Here are just some of the ways we can help:
- House Cleaning
- Laundry and Ironing
- Grocery Shopping and Errands
- Mail Reading, Letter Writing and Birthday Reminders
- Trips and Outings
- Diet and Medication Monitoring
- Light Home Maintenance
- Daily Living Assistance (Grooming, Bathing, Mobility and More)
- Hydration Reminders
- Estate Cleanups
- Dementia Management
- Pet Care
We offer four different types of caregivers:
- Registered Practical Nurses
- CPSW Graduates
- CPSW Students
- Live-In Caregivers
The first step in the process for individuals or families seeking a personal care worker is an in-home assessment by our team. Once a client's requirements are defined, CCS will select a candidate who meets all of those requirements. There will be an eight-week probationary period to ensure that there is a match between the client and the caregiver. In the unlikely event of a mismatch, a new candidate will be offered.
The Assessment Process
The assessment is an in-home evaluation done by a multi-disciplinary team to determine a client's specific care needs. It will identify high-risk clients with regard to safety for both the client and the caregiver. It will also establish a baseline in order to ensure consistency in care and to allow caregivers to monitor and identify changes in the client's condition.
The assessment is done in-home for the comfort and privacy of the client, and to allow the assessment team to evaluate the client in familiar surroundings. It will include an evaluation of communication, encompassing verbal and non-verbal communication and sensory-cognitive deficits (vision or hearing impairments).
The assessment consists of a short interview, a questionnaire and observations by the assessment team.
Components of the Assessment
- Overall Physical Health — body systems, sleep patterns, nutritional levels, past medical history, family history
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) — dressing, grooming feeding, toileting, financial management
- Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs) — shopping, meal preparation, medicine management, transportation
- Advanced Activities of Daily Living (AADLs) — social and recreational activities (crafts, gardening, hobbies)
- Safety Assessment of Home — lighting, flooring, assistive devices in place or required, stairs, security
- Social Support — family, number of caregivers, potential abuse issues
Registered Practical Nurse: $45.00/hour
CPSW Graduate: $30.00/hour
CPSW Student: 20% off CPSW Graduate Pricing
Live-In Caregiver: Call for Details
Please call 519-376-7396 for more information or to book a consultation.